Saturday, June 14, 2014

the beginning

Hey my name is Ann and I am a single mom of 3 beautiful girls.  I am starting this blog to log the triumphs and troubles of the next year.  My oldest, the twins, are seniors in high school.  Deep breath.
I expect there will be lots of ups and down in the next 12 months but I want to document them all.
I asked Tori the other day what is one thing she want to accomplish her senior year?  She asked if she could get back to me.  I said sure but I really wanted to say NO we don't have time to get back with an answer.  If this next year flies by like the past 17 yrs. I am going to blink and it is going to be over.

Yes the girls are twins.  They look nothing a like and have very different views on everything.  Jenna is the oldest (by 13 minutes) she is in the band color guard and very active in the AFJROTC program.
Tori is an officer in FFA.  They are both busy in community service, in our church, and they have jobs.  The fellows with them are their boyfriends. 
We all live on a farm that has been in our family for over 120 yrs. in the mountains of Western North Carolina.  I do not raise them alone I have a very big village but I couldn't have done it without the help and support of my Mom and Dad.
Summer break started yesterday and so did the count down to graduation.  I hope you all will read the updates of the girls as we go through senior pictures, homecoming, competitions, dances, exams, and much more.  Hopefully this will help me get through it all without crying and you can see what it is like to raise twin senior girls in the class of 2015.

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead and cry... your note says "hopefully I can get through all this without crying" not no way not no how. .. we will all cry, more than once! Cool blog! Xo xoxo

    ReplyDelete